Buz is swiftly spreading about the power, flexibility, speed, and PlanSwift 9.0.
This is all because of the complete redesign of PlanSwift 9.0, with better navigation, and a more comprehensive formula process.
PlanSwift 9.0 has completely redefined what cost effective construction takeoff and estimating software can do. Now it offers everything software costing three times as much but at a fraction the price.
Ultimately, any purchase has to pass the test of providing a positive ROI back to the company. Regardless of how “cool” it might be to own anything, if it does not in the end provide for greater revenue than it cost, the purchase should not have been made.
When looking at software one costing three times more but offering no significant advantage one can see that it would be hard to justify the purchase of the expensive software.
Moreover, with the economy today who can afford to drop $3,000.00 to HOPE a software will SOMEDAY provide for a positive return.
No the answer is really quick simple, which is why the buz about PlanSwift is so large, the powerful yet affordable takeoff and estimating software is the only real choice.
Download a FREE 14-day Trial on PlanSwift 9.0 and you too will swiftly see why the buz is so large.
Start your FREE trial today
- Undo! – now you can undo any change
- When emailing plans to other users, the ability to select individual pages from the list.
- Add columns to the “Open Job” dialog…example “Estimator” or “Due Date”
- All new ribbon bar – more efficient use of the toolbar space
- Quick Search – search all commands in the ribbon bar, plus searching your current estimates, and templates at the same time
- New “Notes” sidebar…see all notes on the job in 1 place
- New docking system – (windows don’t get lost)
- Multi-select capability – hold SHIFT or CTRL to select multiple items
- Color themes…Black, Blue, Silver
- Hyperlinks. Click hyperlinks on the page to either navigate to a URL or function as a bookmark to another page
- Search the pages window
- Folder structure for images: Now the user can group images in folders, such as “Architectural”, “Structural”, “Civil”, etc.
- “Tabbed” browsing. Open multiple images at the same time…overall the software feels more like a “browser” for blueprint images, with powerful capabilities. Dock or undock tabs and move to additional monitors
- Hover navigation: Hover over arrows (up, down, left, right) to pan around the page (perfect for touch screens too)
- Takeoff / Image
- Database integration: Ability to create custom lists (example: Items, Customers, Divisions, etc.) that can be linked to database
- Database Integration: Link PlanSwift to any existing ADO compatible database (including Excel, SQL Server, MS Access) for Price Lists, Customer Lists, etc.
- Object oriented estimating (with Object Inheritance): We are introducing a new concept here. Each estimating assembly or formula can be “inherited” to other similar items allowing powerful plugins to be created with “Smart” functionality while digitizing.
- Modify item properties directly from the estimating screen
- Automatic units conversions – Enter values in IN, FT, M, CM, or any measurement type and it gets automatically gets converted
- Reporting: Greatly enhanced reporting capabilities. Sort & group the data any way you want, and save pre-built “Views”
- Calculated Column – ability to create a column that is stored only on the report (not on the items) and calculates on the fly
- Customizable page layout for reports (add logo, etc.)
- Modify item properties directly from the reports screen
- Excel 2010 Compatibility for the Live Excel integration
Language / International:
- Better metric compatibility
- Language Packs – Ability for the software to operate in multiple languages
- New Property/Field Types: CheckBox, Color, Memo, Image, Path, Slider Bar, and more (store these properties on any item)
- Friendly “Input” screen when editing properties
- Form Designer: Ability to give templates friendly form inputs by using the form designer
- New Concept of “Storages”: Allows the user to control where their job data and templates are stored (folder on HD, in a database, in XML file, etc.)
- Much more open architecture – Every object (page, bookmark, area, linear, count, template….anything….has it’s own XML based set of properties for storing/tagging additional information to. Perfect for plugins to piggypack on PlanSwift architecture)
- Ability to embed/integrate 3rd party apps into the software as a seamless solution (appearing as 1 software)
- Ability for Events/Methods to launch Executable Plugins
- New Script Editor window with built-in help files
Help / Support
- More integrated experience
- Parts show what type of takeoff item they need dropped onto
- Export to Excel “Report”: Ability to define a “Report” from an Excel template (such as Invoice/Estimate), and have it populated with Data from PlanSwift (this is different functionality than the existing Live Excel integration)
- SwiftMarket integration: The most powerful tool for buying and selling construction materials and services, now linked into the #1 takeoff software.