Estimating construction jobs has never been as easy as it is with PlanSwift 9, the soon to be released upgrade for the #1 construction takeoff and estimating software on the market.
PlanSwift 9 is a total upgrade from 8.7. A new look, designed to make it easier to navigate around jobs, and updated “back office” to make the program faster and more powerful than ever.
- Undo! – now you can undo any change
- When emailing plans to other users, the ability to select individual pages from the list.
- Add columns to the “Open Job” dialog…example “Estimator” or “Due Date”
- All new ribbon bar – more efficient use of the toolbar space
- Quick Search – search all commands in the ribbon bar, plus searching your current estimates, and templates at the same time
- New “Notes” sidebar…see all notes on the job in 1 place
- New docking system – (windows don’t get lost)
- Multi-select capability – hold SHIFT or CTRL to select multiple items
- Color themes…Black, Blue, Silver
- Hyperlinks. Click hyperlinks on the page to either navigate to a URL or function as a bookmark to another page
- Search the pages window
- Folder structure for images: Now the user can group images in folders, such as “Architectural”, “Structural”, “Civil”, etc.
- “Tabbed” browsing. Open multiple images at the same time…overall the software feels more like a “browser” for blueprint images, with powerful capabilities. Dock or undock tabs and move to additional monitors
- Hover navigation: Hover over arrows (up, down, left, right) to pan around the page (perfect for touch screens too)
- Takeoff / Image
- Database integration: Ability to create custom lists (example: Items, Customers, Divisions, etc.) that can be linked to database
- Database Integration: Link PlanSwift to any existing ADO compatible database (including Excel, SQL Server, MS Access) for Price Lists, Customer Lists, etc.
- Object oriented estimating (with Object Inheritance): We are introducing a new concept here. Each estimating assembly or formula can be “inherited” to other similar items allowing powerful plugins to be created with “Smart” functionality while digitizing.
- Modify item properties directly from the estimating screen
- Automatic units conversions – Enter values in IN, FT, M, CM, or any measurement type and it gets automatically gets converted
- Reporting: Greatly enhanced reporting capabilities. Sort & group the data any way you want, and save pre-built “Views”
- Calculated Column – ability to create a column that is stored only on the report (not on the items) and calculates on the fly
- Customizable page layout for reports (add logo, etc.)
- Modify item properties directly from the reports screen
- Excel 2010 Compatibility for the Live Excel integration
Language / International:
- Better metric compatibility
- Language Packs – Ability for the software to operate in multiple languages
- New Property/Field Types: CheckBox, Color, Memo, Image, Path, Slider Bar, and more (store these properties on any item)
- Friendly “Input” screen when editing properties
- Form Designer: Ability to give templates friendly form inputs by using the form designer
- New Concept of “Storages”: Allows the user to control where their job data and templates are stored (folder on HD, in a database, in XML file, etc.)
- Much more open architecture – Every object (page, bookmark, area, linear, count, template….anything….has it’s own XML based set of properties for storing/tagging additional information to. Perfect for plugins to piggypack on PlanSwift architecture)
- Ability to embed/integrate 3rd party apps into the software as a seamless solution (appearing as 1 software)
- Ability for Events/Methods to launch Executable Plugins
- New Script Editor window with built-in help files
Help / Support
- More integrated experience
- Parts show what type of takeoff item they need dropped onto
- Export to Excel “Report”: Ability to define a “Report” from an Excel template (such as Invoice/Estimate), and have it populated with Data from PlanSwift (this is different functionality than the existing Live Excel integration)
- SwiftMarket integration: The most powerful tool for buying and selling construction materials and services now linked into the #1 takeoff software.