Doing a smart construction takeoff starts first with using the right software. There are many choices out there, including doing the takeoff by hand, so picking the right one can make all the difference.
For doing a takeoff of any size or complexity, using software is a very smart choice. This is because the software can do what humans are not great at and that is the math and tracking of materials. We may think we are good at these things but study after study has shown we make errors at a much greater rate than computer.
In fact, computer do not really make any errors, the only errors found are again based on the human entering the numbers.
However, what the computers are not able to do is determine what needs to entered, or how best to handle unforeseen issues. This is why computer will never completely remove us from the process.
This is why the smart way to produce a takeoff is to use construction software as a tool. Allow it to do what it is best at, the math, and leave you to solve problems.
In this way, the time to do takeoffs can be reduced while at the same time the accuracy can be increased.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy PlanSwift
- PlanSwift is very easy to learn. Just point and click!
- Most estimators can estimate 10X as fast using PlanSwift vs. traditional methods (ruler & highlighter).
- Astounding accuracy. Precisely trace/digitize items on the plan using your mouse or a digitizer.
- Create an audit trail…if it’s colored, its counted!
- Save $ on gas, printing, and shipping costs. No more driving to pick up plans…just email them.
- Top rated customer support…we have REAL ESTIMATORS on staff who can speak your lingo!
- Go Green! Go Paperless! It’s cheaper, faster, and more environmentally friendly.
- Best value for your $. As shown in our testimonials, you get the most features for the best price.
- Extremely customizable & powerful. The software can be customized to suit your exact needs. You can do your takeoff + estimate in the same software.
- PlanSwift is becoming the platform. Because of it’s integration capabilities and our SDK (Software Developers Kit), Many online planrooms and estimating software partners are creating integrations which will allow you as a customer to have a positive, integrated experience. Check out our partners page.
To see how this is possible download a trial of PlanSwift Professional today.