Determining construction project cost quickly and with a high level of accuracy is difficult however, it is becoming a requirement.
Project costs can be determined quickly by using rules of thumb. Average cost per square foot, or cost per linear foot. These can be great for quick reference and do give a quick number. However, because of the current economic environment the margin of error of these answers is not acceptable.
To get great accuracy contractors can spend a lot of time to get absolutely correct numbers. However this can easily be too time consuming and the return on investment of time just does not pay off.
A great way to handle this conflict of needs, to be both fast and accurate, is to use construction takeoff and estimating software. These programs allow contracts to rapidly work thru project cost estimates yet still retain a very high level of accuracy.
This is possible because the program takes care of the computations. It is these computations that can easily take up most of the time involved in construction project estimating.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy PlanSwift
- PlanSwift is very easy to learn. Just point and click!
- Most estimators can estimate 10X as fast using PlanSwift vs. traditional methods (ruler & highlighter).
- Astounding accuracy. Precisely trace/digitize items on the plan using your mouse or a digitizer.
- Create an audit trail…if it’s colored, its counted!
- Save $ on gas, printing, and shipping costs. No more driving to pick up plans…just email them.
- Top rated customer support…we have REAL ESTIMATORS on staff who can speak your lingo!
- Go Green! Go Paperless! It’s cheaper, faster, and more environmentally friendly.
- Best value for your $. As shown in our testimonials, you get the most features for the best price.
- Extremely customizable & powerful. The software can be customized to suit your exact needs. You can do your takeoff + estimate in the same software.
- PlanSwift is becoming the platform. Because of it’s integration capabilities and our SDK (Software Developers Kit), Many online planrooms and estimating software partners are creating integrations which will allow you as a customer to have a positive, integrated experience.