Calculating construction cost per square foot has never been as fast or as easy as it is with PlanSwift 9.0 the latest and most powerful version of this construction takeoff and estimating software program.
PlanSwift 9 is an amazing enhancement to the already powerful program by Tech Unlimited. Completely redesigned to have better navigation and enhanced organization this program is changing the way construction cost is calculated.
Over 8,000 users have already learned how powerful and useful PlanSwift can be. By reducing the time it takes to complete estimates to one tenth of what it takes by hand people are saving themselves hours of work plus money by using takeoff and estimating software.
However the developers of PlanSwift were not happy to sit back and relax. No matter how great PlanSwift already was they wanted to make it even better.
To do this they went back to the drawing board and redid how PlanSwift works. This means it is even more powerful than before and loaded with tons of new features and benefits including:
- Undo! – now you can undo most changes.
- When emailing plans to other users, the ability to select individual pages from the list.
- Add columns to the “Open Job” dialog…example “Estimator” or “Due Date”
- All new ribbon bar – more efficient use of the toolbar space
- Quick Search – search all commands in the ribbon bar, plus searching your current estimates, and templates at the same time
- New “Notes” sidebar…see all notes on the job in 1 place
- New docking system – (windows don’t get lost)
- Multi-select capability – hold SHIFT or CTRL to select multiple items
- Color themes…Black, Blue, Silver
- Hyperlinks. Click hyperlinks on the page to either navigate to a URL or function as a bookmark to another page
- Search the pages window
- Folder structure for images: Now the user can group images in folders, such as “Architectural”, “Structural”, “Civil”, etc.
- “Tabbed” browsing. Open multiple images at the same time…overall the software feels more like a “browser” for blueprint images, with powerful capabilities. Dock or undock tabs and move to additional monitors
- Hover navigation: Hover over arrows (up, down, left, right) to pan around the page (perfect for touch screens too)
- Takeoff / Image
- Database integration: Ability to create custom lists (example: Items, Customers, Divisions, etc.) that can be linked to database
- Database Integration: Link PlanSwift to any existing ADO compatible database (including Excel, SQL Server, MS Access) for Price Lists, Customer Lists, etc.
- Object oriented estimating (with Object Inheritance): We are introducing a new concept here. Each estimating assembly or formula can be “inherited” to other similar items allowing powerful plugins to be created with “Smart” functionality while digitizing.
- Modify item properties directly from the estimating screen
- Automatic units conversions – Enter values in IN, FT, M, CM, or any measurement type and it gets automatically gets converted
- Reporting: Greatly enhanced reporting capabilities. Sort & group the data any way you want, and save pre-built “Views”
- Calculated Column – ability to create a column that is stored only on the report (not on the items) and calculates on the fly
- Customizable page layout for reports (add logo, etc.)
- Modify item properties directly from the reports screen
- Excel 2010 Compatibility for the Live Excel integration
Language / International:
- Better metric compatibility
- Language Packs – Ability for the software to operate in multiple languages
- New Property/Field Types: CheckBox, Color, Memo, Image, Path, Slider Bar, and more (store these properties on any item)
- Friendly “Input” screen when editing properties
- Form Designer: Ability to give templates friendly form inputs by using the form designer
- New Concept of “Storages”: Allows the user to control where their job data and templates are stored (folder on HD, in a database, in XML file, etc.)
- Much more open architecture – Every object (page, bookmark, area, linear, count, template….anything….has it’s own XML based set of properties for storing/tagging additional information to. Perfect for plugins to piggypack on PlanSwift architecture)
- Ability to embed/integrate 3rd party apps into the software as a seamless solution (appearing as 1 software)
- Ability for Events/Methods to launch Executable Plugins
- New Script Editor window with built-in help files
Help / Support
- More integrated experience
- Parts show what type of takeoff item they need dropped onto
- Export to Excel “Report”: Ability to define a “Report” from an Excel template (such as Invoice/Estimate), and have it populated with Data from PlanSwift (this is different functionality than the existing Live Excel integration)
- SwiftMarket integration: The most powerful tool for buying and selling construction materials and services, now linked into the #1 takeoff software.