WINDOW BLEED-THRU

General support, questions, and comments

Moderators: SwiftWiz, BET, SwiftGuy, SwiftBB

Forum rules
This Forum was created for PlanSwift users to post questions and ideas for and about the PlanSwift software only. Please do a search before posting to the forums. Your question may have been answered already.

PlanSwift will not tolerate inappropriate posting of any information relating to race, nationality, political preference, or adult oriented materials. Spamming or advertising other products not related to the integration of PlanSwift is not permitted.

Failure to comply with this Policy can result in a temporary or permanent ban of a user from this board at the discretion of the PlanSwift Management.

WINDOW BLEED-THRU

Postby DELTABAYBILL » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:49 pm

I have had an issue with windows below the active Planswift window "bleeding thru" upon clicking on a page in the left hand page window ever since upgrading to 9.1.x. I have upgraded everytime there has been an update to PS but am still encountering this issue. I understand that it is not a "problem" as it does not affect any of the takeoff or estimates, but it sure raises eyebrows if I happen to be working in front of a client. Can anyone give me an answer as to when this issue is expected to be resolved?
DELTABAYBILL
PowerSwift

Re: WINDOW BLEED-THRU

Postby David Allred » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:19 pm

We created a bug report on this issue.
http://dev.planswift.com/mantis/view.php?id=26230
To check the status of that bug report click the link above.
You will be able to watch the progress as it is assigned to a developer and when it will be fixed. You can make a account for the bug reporting system if you don't have one. Thank you for pointing that out. We will get it fixed as soon as possible. Let us know if you find any other issues.

Thank you
David Allred
SuperSwift

Postby SwiftGuy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:30 am

DeltaBayBill - I do not discount that you are having an issue but I am wondering if it is related to your computer? Can you post your computer specifications either here or to the bug ticket? I am unable to replicate this on my machine here... my first thought is low system resourses.
SwiftGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DELTABAYBILL » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Interesting response SWIFTGUY. I had a discussion with Brandin about two weeks ago and he indicated at that time that there was going to be an upgrade posted that night which was to have resolved this issue. I upgraded the next day but the issue persisted. My initial post here was incorrect inthat the issue first started with the upgrade to 9.2.xxx. Prior to that I was having no problems with PS, so I guess the upgraded software might have pushed me over the limit on computer resources. I will post my resources as soon as I can.
DELTABAYBILL
PowerSwift

Postby ryan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:17 am

Hi, I have also experienced this problem on my 9.2 and previous versions but only when I double click on said page. If I single click the window does not bleed through as planswift has time to generate the page. Please try single clicking through the pages as quickly as you can rather than double clicking on the same page to see if the issue persists.
ryan

Postby DELTABAYBILL » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:53 pm

My issue has nothing to do with double clicking. I have attached an example of what I am seeing.
PS BLEED THRU EXAMPLE.jpg
PS BLEED THRU EXAMPLE.jpg (189.93 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
The situation is this; I single click on a destination page in the "Pages, Bookmarks" window and move the mouse cursor. Whatever is under the Planswift window shows thru. I am attaching a printscreen example of what I am experiencing. What is interesting is that this only occurs when single clicking on anything in the "Pages, Bookmarks" window. This does not occur when I click in the "Takeoff Summary" window.

I am running this on a Sony Vaio, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T6500 2.10GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit OS.

Again, this issue did not start until I upgraded to version 9.2.xxxx
DELTABAYBILL
PowerSwift

Postby jwestervelt4 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:28 pm

I am having the same problem with my work computer even after adding 1TB, new video card, double the RAM. what do I do ? also, I cannot successfully upgrade to todays version. keeps popping fatal error
jwestervelt4

Postby ryan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:36 am

Hi, the developers are looking at the bleed through issue. As far as the update goes sometimes Planswift will not shut itself down for the update. Please shut down planswift before the update along with any office products (Excel, OneNote, Outlook) prior to install. The fatal error message is usually due to planswift being open and the install is unable to write to those files that are in use. Thanks for posting.
ryan

Postby DELTABAYBILL » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:38 pm

No followup from PS so I am assuming they are just letting this one die a slow death
DELTABAYBILL
PowerSwift

Postby SwiftBB » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:04 am

After updating to 9.3 are you still having the window bleed through issue?
SwiftBB
PlanSwift Support
PlanSwift Support

Postby DaenK61 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:54 pm

I havent seen any bleed through yet with the 9.3 version...
DaenK61
Swifty

Postby BET » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Excellent, we have made several changes in the 9.3 version of the software.
There will be more stability and performance changes coming in our next two releases
9.4 and 9.5, I say, you will be impressed.

If you encounter this issue again. Please Let us know.

BET
BET
SuperSwift

Return to General Support Forum