Dimension Tool Problems

General support, questions, and comments

Moderators: SwiftWiz, BET, SwiftGuy, SwiftBB

Forum rules
This Forum was created for PlanSwift users to post questions and ideas for and about the PlanSwift software only. Please do a search before posting to the forums. Your question may have been answered already.

PlanSwift will not tolerate inappropriate posting of any information relating to race, nationality, political preference, or adult oriented materials. Spamming or advertising other products not related to the integration of PlanSwift is not permitted.

Failure to comply with this Policy can result in a temporary or permanent ban of a user from this board at the discretion of the PlanSwift Management.

Dimension Tool Problems

Postby fmstratton » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:20 am

For more than a year I have been having this problem. I click on the dimension tool and immediately get an error message. I send that error message to planswift. Then I have to reload the job I am working on because panning with the mouse wheel becomes intolerably slow. I have replaced the mouse, reloaded the program several times. Changed the two monitor configuration that I use. Replaced cables. Reformatted my hard drive and reloaded Windows 7 and all the other programs that i use. No help. And so far no real concern for the problem from planswift techs. Are there any suggestions or ideas out there as to how to fix this? It is happening on two computers here in our office so it must be happening somewhere else out there.
fmstratton
PowerSwift

Re: Dimension Tool Problems

Postby BET » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:47 pm

Hello,
One of the most difficult issues to fix are ones that we are not able to duplicate.
If you can shed as much light on this issue we will do everything we can to get the issue resolved.
if you can provide us with information such as
System specs (pc,mac)
Operating System (windows,Leopard with windows via parallels)
Drivers (such as mouse drivers)
graphics card information
applications.
External hardware i.e wireless mouse or keyboard
third party application drivers
BET
SuperSwift

Postby DELTABAYBILL » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:08 pm

I have been seeing this exact problem occuring also, but only since upgrading to version 9.1.x.x. Every time it happens I send the error report to PS. I am running on a Sony Vaio, Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2. 64-bit OS, 4 GB RAM. Using Microsoft wireless keyboard & Logitech wireless Wheelman Trackball.
DELTABAYBILL
PowerSwift

Postby BET » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Can you please post a screen shot of the error
BET
SuperSwift

Postby fmstratton » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:33 am

BET, we have sent all this info to you guys many times.
fmstratton
PowerSwift

Postby BET » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:22 am

Are you running the most current version of the software now.
the current version is 9.1.2.2
there will also be another update this afternoon 9.1.2.x

Do you log-in under a domain... or directly to the computer?
Where is the planswift installation located i.e local machine or network?
Are you running planswift as an Administrator?

Are you running any items with events?
do you have any third party plugins installed?
BET
SuperSwift

Postby BET » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:33 am

One thing you can try is.
1. Click on Settings->Interface->Show Types in Templates
2. Click on Templates -> Types and find the Item that is name "All" (it will have a star as it's icon)
3. Delete that item.
4. Reinstall planswift here is the link to the latest version http://www.planswift.com/download/?v=9.1
5. The re install -> will re-add that type back into the types folder.
6. Try the dimension tool again and see if you get the error.

This this item contains a the type for the dimension tool. when you install planswift if the item exist planswift will not overwrite it. It could be that this file is from an older version of the software.

let us know what the outcome is.
BET
SuperSwift

Postby BET » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:35 am

fmstratton,
also sorry about the previous comment asking you about system specs, that message was actually directed to deltabaybill.
BET
SuperSwift

Postby fmstratton » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:00 am

Are you running the most current version of the software now.
the current version is 9.1.2.2
there will also be another update this afternoon 9.1.2.x YES

Do you log-in under a domain... or directly to the computer? DIRECTLY
Where is the planswift installation located i.e local machine or network? PROGRAM IS ON LOCAL MACHINE STORAGES ARE ON NETWORK SERVER
Are you running planswift as an Administrator? NO

Are you running any items with events? YES, EXCEL PROPOSAL TEMPLATE THAT I USE HAS SOME VB CODE WITH EVENTS EMBEDDED IN IT
do you have any third party plugins installed? N0
fmstratton
PowerSwift

Postby fmstratton » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:18 am

DELETED THE *ALL IN TYPES AND DOWNLOADED THE LATEST UPDATE. IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THIS IS AN INTERMITTENT PROBLEM THAT IS DIFFICULT TO REPRODUCE HERE AS WELL. EVERYTIME WE THINK WE HAVE NOTED A PATTERN AND TEST THAT PATTERN THE ERROR DOES NOT OCCUR. SOMETIMES THE ERROR WILL OCCURR THREE OR FOUR TIMES IN SUCCESSION AND THEN NOT OCCUR FOR A WEEK. THE ERROR OCCURED WHILE WE WERE RUNNING A KASPERSKY ANIT VIRUS PROGRAM AND IT IS OCCURRING NOW WITH SYMANTEC RUNNING. ONE COMPUTER IS 64 BIT WINDOWS 7 AND THE OTHER IS 32 BIT XP. BOTH SET UPS EMPLOY TWO MONITORS AND BOTH SET UPS RUN AN EXCEL PROPOSAL TEMPLATE WITH VB CODE EMBEDDED ON THE PRIMARY MONITOR WHILE PLANSWIFT IS RUNNING ON THE OTHER. I HAVE HAD THE ERROR OCCUR WITH EXCEL INTEGRATION ENABLED AND WITH IT DISABLED. WE USE THE PLANSWIFT PROGRAM PRIMARILY AS A DIGITIZER AND HAVE NOT YET USED THE ESTIMATING ASPECTS OF THE PROGRAM TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. GREAT PROGRAM WE USE IT EXTENSIVELY EVERY DAY AND NOW OUR PROJECT MANAGERS ARE COMING TO RELY ON IT. THIS PROBLEM HOWEVER, IS BECOMING A CHRONIC HEADACHE. WHEN THE ERROR OCCURS THE ONLY CONSEQUENCE AFTER SENDING THE ERROR REPORT IS THE LOSS OF PANNING WITH THE MOUSE. RELOADING THE JOB RESTORES PANNING. I HAVE REPLACED THE MOUSE. DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED LATEST DRIVERS FOR THE MOUSE. CHANGED ALL THE MONITOR CABLES. REFORMATTED MY HARD DRIVE. RELOADED THE PLANSWIFT PROGRAM SEVERAL TIMES. THIS DOES NOT OCCUR WITH ANY OF THE OTHER DIGITIZER TOOLS.
fmstratton
PowerSwift

Postby fmstratton » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:11 am

Didn't work. Just had two errors in sucession. Reloaded job each time. Third time works. Must be something running in the background that interrupts the ps script. but only happens with the dimension tooll.
fmstratton
PowerSwift

Postby fmstratton » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:32 pm

The error has occured 5 tines today after loading the latest version. I don't think it will get fixed. Would like a script that I could run from a tool on the ribbon that sends you the error report with a nasty message attached and then automatically reloads the job and navigates back to the page that I was working on when the error occured. Just one mouse click I could get used to. Plan not so swift.
fmstratton
PowerSwift

Postby BET » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Ok, I have created a small plugin (dimension tool) I would like you to try
let me know if you experience the same problem.
http://FILE.casi.im/zdm5XZy

Click the link to download the file save it to your desktop
Then click on settings->Import Plugin Package and select the file that you just downloaded.
once installed it will ask you to restart... do so.
The tool will be located in the right next to the original dimension tool on the home tab.
BET
SuperSwift

Postby fmstratton » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:16 am

Thank you. I have the tool loaded and my fingers crossed.
fmstratton
PowerSwift

Postby SwiftBB » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:23 am

Hope everything goes well :)
SwiftBB
PlanSwift Support
PlanSwift Support

Next

Return to General Support Forum